Fostering relationships between people and their pets based on trust and respect.
What we Offer
- A first-rate indoor environment.
- Plenty of fresh air and light.
- An alternative to traditional, old school kenneling.
- Four separate programs to accommodate canines of all sizes, temperament, and play styles.
- Rubber flooring to cushion your dog’s joints.
- A stimulating day of fun playing with doggy friends, and a safe place to spend the night.
- Around the clock supervision.
- Innovative and fun retail products for dogs.
- Expert opinion and common sense advice and referral.
- Guaranteed availability to all members in good standing.*
*A member in good standing is a dog that attends regularly, and consistently exhibits appropriate communal behavior, with an owner that values our service, is courteous and thoughtfully pays their bill.
Fort Fido owners David & Nancy are passionate about all kinds of animals. They met when they were just 15 years old. Their mutual love of animals is one of the things that brought them together. Nancy as a free spirited young girl would sometimes borrow her neighbors horse and ride it bareback to David’s house and take him riding. Married in 1984 David and Nancy raised a son together and have passionately cared for all kinds of animals from chickens to tropical fish and of course dogs.
The relationships that they have with their pets are based on trust and respect. David and Nancy have learned that in order to achieve these relationships we must take care of the animal’s physical requirements such as: good nutrition, grooming, and cleanliness, and the psychological needs (e.g. clear communication, enrichment, and consistency). In 2006 David and Nancy decided to take their love of animal husbandry to the next level and opened Fort Fido dog daycare.
“Relationships with animals should be give and take. If we want them to meet our needs we ought to first understand and meet theirs as well.” – David
“Pets teach us. You don’t always get the one you want but you get the one you need.” – Nancy
We're Popular, But Picky!
Is your dog a fort dog? Let’s find out. Give us a call, stop on by, or simply start the membership process online. We would love to meet you and your pet.